Friday, October 23, 2009

CAKE WARS

So I had a friend call me up a week or two ago and she wanted a Yoda cake for her son's birthday but didn't know how to go about it. If she'd contacted me a bit earlier than 2 days before the event, I would have tried to come up with a way to do 3D. As it turned out, we only had time to do this one, but I thought it turned out really fun. I did make her do most of the frosting and she even drew Yoda (she's an artist so I didn't dare draw anything for her) but I helped walk her through it and it was a success!





This one I have been planning a bit longer. I thought for sure it was within my realm of possibility but wasn't sure how it would go until it was finished. I had so much fun playing with the fondant that I'm sure it will be my new favorite medium. Now to see if it can stand until Sunday night.

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

The boys LOVE it!! Packer says you should start selling your cakes. And then, as I was showing the pictures to Micah, I asked him what he thought. His jaw dropped and then Packer said, "your stunned silence is very telling". Amen.

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates