Friday, November 11, 2011

Harry Potter Birthday Party

Yes, it has been 3 weeks since Stevie's birthday party and I am just now getting around to blogging it. Busy, busy, busy.


Thankfully the banner was the least of my worries since I already had one in stock.


This picture is of the snitches hanging from the ceiling for our Indoor Quidich Match.




For the snitches, I bought small gold onament balls from the dollar store along with some gold leafy looking decoration. I cut off the gold leaves and glued them to the ornaments for a perfect snitch.

Then I got a Harry Potter quiz online and tested the kids on their Harry Potter trivia. Each right answer got them a snitch to take home.

I was super lazy that week (and super sick) so I didn't make a cake. I don't normally serve cake at a kids party anyway, so it all worked out.




These are snitch cupcakes. I used piped melted yellow chocolate for the wings and added a lindor truffle to the center for the "ball".


Then I put random food stuffs in glass containers and labeled them as different potion ingredients.


I gave them each a cup to create their own potion and gave them a prize if they drank it. Most everyone drank theirs. It was pretty gross, even for me.

So here was the set-up before the mayhem...



...and here is a portion of the mess halfway through it.




This will probably be the last party I do for Stevie. 13 9-year-olds in my house was too much after about 5 minutes. Taking a friend to Lagoon is looking more and more cost effective.


Especially if you can put a price on your sanity.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates