Monday, March 22, 2010

wow that sucked

I have been planning for weeks for this baby shower tomorrow. I have gone through several versions of the cake I was going to make. I wanted more of a show piece, only because it was a good opportunity to make a larger cake for my portfolio. I was very excited and worked very hard on it.

I started baking Sunday night and worked all day Monday for the shower Tuesday (tomorrow). I completed it just before we went to Steve's parents for dinner.


I was able to get one picture before my camera battery died.




When we got back from dinner, it was over. The cake just didn't have enough support and got all slouchy and was a complete mess. SOOOO, now I have 1 day to make an entirely new cake, plus another cake for another venue, also tomorrow evening. We're about to see how much I really enjoy this new hobby!

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

Bummer that it fell...it looks fantastic. Maybe it is better to know now than to see it happen at a shower though.

Good luck on the baking today!!

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates