Thursday, February 23, 2012

You're Mine...

...Thursday afternoons!

I've waited nine long years to have "me" time.  I have not exercised regularly, shopped alone, cleaned my house thoroughly, kept a garden, or sat down to play the piano in recent memory.

However, I have discovered that Thursday afternoons are child free, far enough from Monday that I am not swamped with banners, and are usually not cake days. 

So I decided to take over Thursday afternoon!!!

This is fairly recent, so it's by no means a routine yet, but I have gone swimming twice now and I TOTALLY FORGOT HOW MUCH I LOVE IT. 

Please understand, I have not done laps since 1999, so I am not tearing it up or anything, but when I swim I could do it all day long.  It is the one "exercise" that does not feel like it.  I hate running, I hate zumba, I hate hate hate yoga, I really hate exercising in general.  I'm just running down the clock until I'm done.  Not so with swimming. 

Time flies.  I don't want to stop.  I feel amazing.

So in the spirit of cliche's, here's what I hope I look like.



This is what I feel like.





This is what I actually look like.


What you cannot tell from this picture is how much fun the elephant is having, and how she doens't care what she looks like, even without a swimsuit.

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hurray! I am very jealous...maybe next year. And I agree-swimming never feels like exercise, it is just fun.

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates