Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beautiful Savior



I know I've been posting a lot of video's lately, and I have another for you today.


About 6 months ago I wanted to play Beautiful Savior for a church program (Christmas) in a flute violin duet. I looked everyhwere and couldn't find one. So I got the crazy idea to arrange it myself.


Of course I never got around to it and Christmas came and went. It was always in the back of my mind that I really wanted to do something with it, but never did.


Finally Easter drew near and I was again asked to play a few weeks ahead of time. I thought again about writing it, but figured I'd never have it done in time so I planned another song. One day I just sat down and started piddling on the piano with it, and it quickly started to take shape. I found a program to write with (thanks Drue!) and it all came together in 2 days!!!


Long story short, the director of the program heard the piece and wanted to put it in the program, changing the program just days before. (I'm a little flattered. I told her she really didn't need to, that all I really wanted was an opinion.)


So I'm sure that Steve broke some kind of rule, but he used his iphone to record during sacrament meeting. Let me know what you think!






2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is a beautiful arrangement and you are incredibly talented.

MOM said...

I love it. It is so unusual and yet beautiful.
MOM

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates