Friday, April 9, 2010

Guess What?


This was a really fun cake.

I hand painted the fondant to get it to look more like wood and I love how it turned out. I hand rolled each pearl out of fondant and made beads. When they were dried out, I strung them with ribbon. The sand is a combination of graham crackers and brown sugar. Then I totally cheated on the lid and used styrofoam instead of cake because cake would have been too heavy.

Can anyone guess the occasion this was made for? (hint: it's not a birthday cake)

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

That is an amazing cake! It looks terrific.

The occasion? I don't know...did someone win the lottery?

Heidi Niederhauser said...

this one is so cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Devany! We loved this cake.
I put a little scroll and burned the edges, so it
looked like a treasure map. It read,
"The Holy Ghost will be your Greatest Treasure."
Everyone loved it!

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates