Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quilter

As many of you know, I enjoy making an occasional quilt. My quilting skills, however, are lacking. I assume it's because it takes too much precision and patience.

But...I have found a nice quilting medium.


This is different from what I normally do becuase the pattern is embeded fondant instead of layered. I opted not to roll them smooth becuase I really like the disjointed look for the quilt.

The idea for this cake originally came from my mother-in-law when I was trying to come up with a cake idea for Relief Society.
The needle is a skewer covered in fondant and strung with ribbon.


This cake is going as a birthday cake for a woman here in Utah who enjoys quilting. Maybe next year Jeanne!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love how it looks "fluffy" like a real quilt.

Ashley and Drue said...

wow. thats incredible! you're really amazing at this.

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates