Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ribbon

On this cake I used a few new (at least to me) techniques.

I used a new method of curling flowers, apparently the correct way. I still don't have all the tools I need but I'm improvising with what I have around the house. I then used the grass tip to make the flower centers.



Then I used fabric ribbon to trim the bottom of my tiers. This is by far the biggest "cheat" a caker can use. It is enormously more simple than any fondant or icing trim and applies in seconds. Luckily, it is also very cute and everyone loves it. Win-win.

Here is the final product.


Not too shabby.


1 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love it! That turned out really cute. And I love the real ribbon!!

Post a Comment

 

lileylou | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates